Jonah knew what God had commanded him to do, but he chose to disobey. Then came the discipline of the Lord. God disciplines those He loves and this is an important lesson for all children to learn. It’s not always fun, but its one way that God demonstrates His love.
“My son, do not reject the discipline of the Lord Or loathe His reproof. For whom the Lord loves He reproves, Even as a father corrects the son in whom he delights.” Proverbs 3:11-12
- Print out and color the templates. (Template)
- Cut out the fish and cut along the two parallel lines.
- Place the fish through the parallel lines so that it appears to be poking out of the ocean.
A person of faith walks ahead in obedience even though they do not see the outcome of the situation. Faith acts on the promises of God. Abraham did not know how Gods promise of many decedents would be fulfilled if he sacrificed Isaac, but he still obeyed God. He still trusted and had faith that God was going to keep His promises.
“Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.” Hebrews 11:1
- Print and cut out the template. (Template)
- Glue the template onto a sheet of construction paper. This will give support to the craft.
- Cut out the template. If you like you can leave a small border of construction paper.
- Color the legs, horns and face of the ram.
- Cut cotton balls into four pieces and glue them onto the rams body, tail and ears. If you like you could use small white craft pom poms.
God promises that His children will bear fruit.
“My Father is glorified by this, that you bear much fruit, and so prove to be My disciples. John 15:8
For the story of I Am The Vine you might also enjoy our The Twelve Spies Bookmark (The template includes an I Am The Vine version).
- Print the templates. (Template)
- Color the vine and the Fruit of the Spirit.
- Cut out The Fruit of the Spirit.
- Lay the fruit on the vine.
- Glue the fruit in place on the vine.
Remind the children: Jesus is the vine, His followers are the branches, they will have the Fruit of the Spirit, which produce good works.
Gideon is the story of a general that learned to rely on God. God proved through adversity and low odds that He helps His children. He fights for His children.
This is what we want our kids to learn. Life can be hard so we have to learn to rely on God.
“So that we confidently say, the Lord is my helper, I will not be afraid. What will man do to me?” Hebrews 13:6
- Print out the templates. (Template)
- Color the torch and the flames.
- Cut out all of the pieces.
- Fold both tabs backs creating a crease.
- Add glue to the tabs and join together, forming the cone. Curve the formed cone when dry.
- Glue four of the flames in a row, overlapping, on the inside of the cone.
- Then glue the remaining three flames, overlapping, above the first row.