These are the crafts that can be used with the Group’s Roar V.B.S. program.
Although most Vacation Bible School curriculum programs provide or sell their own Bible crafts, many times they have nothing to do with the Bible story of the day or not much thought went into designing them in the first place.
My hope is that these crafts will help make planning your Vacation Bible School a little less stressful.
Day 1: The Israelites Are Slaves To The Egyptians (Exodus 1;5;6)
Day 2: God Sends Plagues On Egypt (Exodus 7:14-12:32)
Day 3: The Israelites Enter The Wilderness (Exodus 14-17)
Day 4: Jesus Dies And Comes Back To Life (John 16-21)
Day 5:The Israelites Build A Memorial To Remember Gods Goodness (Joshua 3-4)
This craft is my second pharaoh’s head dress. If you would like a simpler version of this craft take a quick look at it. HERE
This craft can be done for different Bible stories and adapted for each one. It can be used for:
- Abraham’s move to Egypt and his deception towards the pharaoh.
- Joseph becomes second in command over Egypt.
- God freeing His people through Moses.
- Print the first two pages of the template on blue construction paper, the second page on yellow construction paper and the last page on white card stock. The template is blank in case you would like to print the template all white and have your kids color it in. (Template)
- Cut out all of the pieces.
- Glue the yellow pieces onto the two large pieces.
- Attach both blue pieces with the small white rectangular piece.
- Next glue on the snake head to the head dress.
- Finally attach the head dress to the child’s head using the white stripes.
This craft is a great visual of the first plague in Egypt. Your kids will be able to see the water of the Nile River turn to blood for themselves.
“20 So Moses and Aaron did even as the Lord had commanded. And he lifted up the staff and struck the water that was in the Nile, in the sight of Pharaoh and in the sight of his servants, and all the water that was in the Nile was turned to blood. 21 The fish that were in the Nile died, and the Nile became foul, so that the Egyptians could not drink water from the Nile. And the blood was through all the land of Egypt.” Exodus 7:20-21
- Print the templates onto regular copy paper. Do not use cardstock. Print the main image on one side, then the river on the other side of the same paper. (Template)
- Lay one or two sheets of newspaper on your table.
- Have your kids color in the land, sand, pyramids, mountains and sky using markers.
- Next lightly color in the river with a blue color pencil.
- Trace the outline of the river with regular glue and allow the glue to dry.
- When the glue has dried fill in the river on the back with a red marker.
- In a small plastic container add about 1 teaspoon of regular cooking oil (vegetable, olive, canola).
- Using a small brush have your kids paint over the blue river with the oil. A little oil goes a long way. As the oil is absorbed by the paper the red marker will start to come through. The river will start to turn into “blood”.
- With a paper napkin wipe of any excess oil from the front and back of the paper.